Posted by: Esther | 2010/06/23

cannot afford the fees

Hi, i have been struggling to finalise my divorce for the past 4 years, everything is dragging, have 2 kids and no support from hubby, my attorneys cost is killing me, what can i do. i need to finalise but she needs extra 3000.00 which i dont have. if i go to court will i have to start all over again. what about summons that has been served already and settlement that wasdrawn up by this attorney. Please advise as i dont have any money right now and would really like to end this .

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Esther,

4 years for a divorce and not even pronounced yet is a very long time. Having no support/maintenance during that time should not have happened. Your lawyer should have suggested a rule 43 which have provided maintenance while a divorce remains contested.

Contact me for a legal referral

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ann | 2010/06/25

Have to discussed this with your attorney? Or Ex husband?
They may help you with some kind of a payment plan

Reply to ann

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.