Question
Posted by: Anya | 2004/11/11

Cannot achieve orgasm with men

My problem is that, despite the ability to bring myself to orgasm (through masturbation and only on my own) i cannot achieve orgasm with men. not only that, but i do not feel ant sexual sensation on my clitoris at all. is this only due to my young age (19) and relative inexperience or could it be something more serious?

The fact is, most women don't have orgasms from intercourse; they need their clitoris stimulated, whether from their hand, a partner's hand, a vibrator, or something else. Many people -- perhaps you and your partner included -- don't know this. But this fact shouldn't matter; your man needs to accept you not because you're "normal," but because you're you. If you can orgasm reliably in some way, celebrate this with him. If you like, expand your repertoire -- together -- with variations on whatever already works.

If there isn't any way that you know how to climax, see a therapist or Lonnie Barbach's book, For Yourself.