Question
Posted by: HELP | 2007/12/05

Canesten Topical Cream

I am 25 weeks pregnant and developed a rash or fungus under my breasts. I consulted the sister at our local pharmacy and she said it looks like a fungus and gave me Canesten Topical cream to use twice a day. I have used it the last 2 nights and it looks and feels a bit better but hasnt cleared completely

My mum (Mrs overconcerned) phoned our local GP and he says he is not sure Canesten is safe and would prefer to see the rash or fungus and then recommend something.

Could this be correct. Can it harm the baby. On the leaflet it doesnt say its dangerous to use

Please advise urgently as I am afraid I may have harmed the baby by using this cream

Canesten is safe in pregnancy. It is best to be sure what the rash is though.