Question
Posted by: Tired of the itch!!! HELP!! | 2004/01/15

CANDIDA!CANDIDA!CANDIDA AGAIN.

Is there anyone with a real solution/remedy to tyhe candida problem.Is there anyone who has successfully gotten rid of this MENACE!

Apart from the suggestions of the others, you could also try boiling your underwear to get rid of the spores which are very resistant. Ensure that your partner is treated. Use a course of Canesten or Diflucan before each period for three months.

4
Posted by: dee | 2004/01/16

Ask your doctor to perscribe a tablet called Diflucan, you take 1 only and its gone!!!
It is a bit expensive but worth every cent.
Clean yourself after oral sex aswell, and eat lots of yoghurt.

Reply to dee
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/16

Some other things you can try are epsom salts in your bath water. Don't use coloured toilet paper only plain white also get soap that has no colouring in it, as even if you don't wash your genitals with it it still gets into the water.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Cured | 2004/01/16

I went to my Gynae with the exact same problem ! I just couldn't get rid of it !!! He prescribed a pill (Can't remember the name) for me & my partner. All of the above will also help in the long run. Try Betadine douche as well (you will feel relieved straight away ! You can get the kit at any chemist.

Reply to Cured
Posted by: Cat | 2004/01/16

There are several solutions you can try:

1. Do not wash your genitals with soap, just clean it with plain warm water.
2. Limit bathing in bubble bath and bath oils and salts.
3. Stock your fridge up with cranberry juice, this works like a charm for candida and bladder infection!
4. Wear 100% cotton underwear
5. Drink plenty of water.

Rgds

Reply to Cat