Question
Posted by: cat | 2005/11/30

candida

Embarassing to admit, but I have strong feeling I have candida as I only have to eat some bread or sugar and tend to get thrush a few days later. Is there a way to get this tested? What would you recommend as the best course of action? I'm currently taking biocare probiotics and grapefruitseed extract and adapting my diet to not include yeast or sugar etc..

Dear Cat
If you suffer from thrush or Candida infection then you also need to consult a medical dr so that you can obtain the necessary antifungal medication (tablets and/or suppositories) to eradicate the fungus. There is at present no scientific proof that avoiding yeast or sugar in the diet improves the outcome of Candida. The use of probiotics can have positive effects. Ask your chemist for Vagiforte probiotics which you take orally and as suppositories.

1
Posted by: For cat | 2005/11/30

you can purchase a Plan based digestive Enzyme from a health shop to asist in this matter

Reply to For cat