Question
Posted by: Leesh | 2003/03/18

Candida

I would like to know the following. Can one prevent Candida through a detox diet in order to avoid the symptoms, as opposed to continuously having to use vaginal creams? There is a product on the market called Target Candida. Would this be advisable to use in conjuction with a detox diet or would this be a suggestion to use on its on. Is a detox diet recommended? Please can you forward your valid advice other than the use of fragrance free soaps, do not use bubble baths etc.

I don't believe that detox diets help prevent candida. I am not familiar with Target candida, but Interflora is useful.
You should avoid tight or nylon underwear, ensure that your partner is treated a well, boil your panties and towels to get rid of the candida spores. It is also useful to use Canesten pessaries premenstruallyu for a few months after an attack.