Question
Posted by: B | 2007/06/14

Canderell (Sugar)

Good Day
I started using Canderell in my tea/coffee and someone told me it was dangerous as it contains something!!!! Not sure what it is and apparently there was a write up on it as well. I now use Huletts instead of Canderell. Can you please advise what is in Canderell that make it a "no no"?
Many thanks!

Expert ImageNatural health

It forms a type of fomaldehyde (alcohol) in the body in the breakdown product. This affects the liver and slows the metabolism down. I would suggest to avoid all sugar forms as it increases free radical damage.

REgards
Dr Debbie

1
Posted by: Kim | 2007/06/15

Canderell contains Aspartame, which has cancer giving properties. All artificial sweetners are a NO NO!!!! If you are looking for a Sugar Substitute, I recommend the following 2 100% natural products: Xylitol (same sugar granules-tastes exactly like sugar), or Advantage, which is a fine powder, and it is 20 times sweeter than sugar. It doesn't taste bad at all, and they are both very low in calories. I use both of them - Xylitol in cooking & baking, and advantage in everything else. You will find them in Health Shops. Let me know if you like them!

Reply to Kim