Question
Posted by: Nadia | 2007/07/09

Canderell

Good day, I want to reduce my sugar intake. I want to replace the sugar in my tee/coffee/porridge with canderell, I heard that canderell is harmful to your body, is it true?

Thanking you

Nadia

Dear Nadia
Canderel, which contains aspartame, is what is called a 'non-nutritive' sweetener, which means that for all practical purposes, it contains no kilojoules and can be used to lose weight. Last year a variety of international health organisations declared 'aspartame' the main ingredient in Canderel, as safe for human consumption. You can read the article I wrote on this subject, by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then doing a search with 'Aspartame' to find the article on 'The Aspartame Controversy'.