Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/29

Cancer tests


I have a question relating to testing for cancer.

As almost all of the older generations in my family died of differenr variations of cancer I' d like to be annually tested.

Last year I went for an annual medical checkup and asked the doctor to test for cancer and also do complete blood works for.
At the end only his secretary left me a voice mail saying all the tests were fine.

I' d like to know what different forms of testing there are and where i can do them.

Who can I contact for more information?

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

For genetic cancer testing and normal cancer screening, you can visit your nearest pathology lab, usually situated at private hospitals. It will be useful to provide them with the spesific types of cancers that were previously diagnosed within your family.

Other tests will be necessary in the case of breast cancer, where one will need a mammogram and ultrasound.

Refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about cancer, the screening and genetic testing:


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.