Question
Posted by: JP | 2003/03/20

cancer symptoms

Hi, i was just wondering, i have been smoking for a while now and have been getting pains in my mouth under my tongue and sores on my bottom jaw and stuff, i was wondering if this is just an overreaction on my part or could it be the start of something cancerous. Thanks

JP, it’s always possible, but the surest sign of a cancer is a lump somewhere. The problem with lung cancer is that the lump would be somewhere in the lungs where you can’t reach it. By the time you start having symptoms like being short of breath or coughing up blood, it’s often too late to do something about it. The best would be to quit now while you’re still ahead. Good luck.