Posted by: Checking up | 2009/07/03

Cancer screening

Good day Doc,

Im a 36yrd old man, no major health problems, but would like to have some screening tests done for cancer. The reason why Im asking, is because Im not on a medial aid and would like to ensure that I get the correct tests done to limit costs. I have never had any screening for prostate cancer or any other cancer for that matter.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

You will have to consult a GP to have the following done:

1. PSA for prostate cancer
2. Chest x-ray for lung cancer
3. CEA for bowel cancer

These are only screening tests and will not necessarily confirm cancers.

You can request your doctor to be more spesific in screening a area of concern.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.