Question
Posted by: KATY | 2005/07/28

CANCER SCARE

HI,WE HAVE A DILEMMA ON OUR HANDS AND I NEED SOME ANSWERSPLEASE!!!.A WEEK AGO MY AUNT WHO IS ORIGINALLY FROM GERMANY, WENT TO GREECE ON HOLIDAY AND HAD A BLACK OUT AND SHE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL THERE AND THEY DID SOME TESTS AND SCANS AND THE RESULTS WERE THAT SHE HAS A TUMOUR IN HER BRAIN AND IN HER LUNG AND AN OPERATION NEEDS TO BE DONE TO REMOVE THE ONE FROM HER BRAIN, SO YESTERDAY THEY TOOK HER BACK TO GERMANY AND DID MORE TESTS AND STUFF AND NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT THE TUMOUR IN HER BRAIN IS LARGE AND IF NOT OPERATED ON IT COULD GROW BIGGER AND SHE COULD HAVE A STROKE OR IF THEY OPERATE SHE COULD BECOME BRAIN DEAD.ALSO THEY CHECKED THE ONE IN THE LUNGS AND IN GERMANY THEY HAVE SAID THAT IT IS NOT TREATABLE AND HAS SPREAD ALL OVER HER BODY WHEREAS IN GREECE THE DOCTORS SAID THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING LIKE A TUMOUR IN HAR LUNG BUT WASNT SERIOUS AND COULD BE TREATED AND NOT ALL OVER HER BODY.ALSO IN GERMANY THEY SAY THAT SHE DOESNT HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT.ALL THE TESTS IN GREECE WERE DONE OVER 7 DAYS AND IN GERMANY THEY ONLY CHECKED HER YESTERDAY AND HAVE MADE US PANIC.COULD THEY BE WRONG OR SHOULD THEY CARRY OUT MORE TESTS TO BE CERTAIN OR SHOULD WE JUST ACCEPT THEIR RESULTS AS THEY ARE.ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER WAYS TO TREAT THIS INSTEAD OF AN OPERATION COZ ALL THE DOCTORS IN EUROPE SEEM TO WANT TO OPERATE FOR EVERY THING....PLEASE COULD YOU ADVISE ME ON WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS SITUATION AS ITS CONSUMING MY FAMILY WITH WORRY.THANK YOU.

Katy, unfortunately I don¡¯t have enough information to tell you what the wrong or right option is. You have to remember that the doctors in Germany probably just did extra tests (the probably had the results from the tests done in Greece) and that it how they could come to their conclusion so quickly.
The only thing your aunt can do is to go for a second opinion in Germany. If they say the same, you will have to make peace with it. Good luck.