Question
Posted by: Curious | 2004/11/02

Cancer or Cysts

One of my staff members is off sick this week. She went for a pap smear on Saturday and started bleeding on Sunday and it lasted all day and night apparently quite heavily. She went back to her doctor yesterday who confirmed she has early stages of cancer (i think she said "a" stage). She said she has to go back for more tests today and apparently the doctor told her not to panic as they can help her with laser treatment but she must get it done before December. Im very concerned to hear this diagnosis but im wondering if she hasn't misinterpreted what was said to her as it sounds more like cysts to me than cancer?? Do they just cure cancer with a laser treatment these days?? What do you think of the story?

It sounds like a precancerous condition called CIN. If left it can become cancerous. This is treated with laser.