Question
Posted by: Rob | 2002/12/19

Cancer Doctor Ethics

On the 28 Sep 2001 my mother died of what the specialist said was Accute Liver Failurefrom hepA. After finding out from other Docs my mom had a blockage of the one of the ducts in the liver region.this was cleared during an ERCP on the 11 Sep and about 2 weeks later she was dead. Should the Specialist have told the truth and should he of given back the liver scans that were taken prior to her ERCP as I have found out that he may of caused her death by rupturing a cancerous tumor?I know this is a bit late to do anything now but it may help other people who may have experienced the same kind of thing.Please give your comments.
Thanks Robert

Rob, you have to remember that you can have more than one disease at a time. She might have had cancer and hepatitis at the same time. I doubt that she would have died two weeks after a tumour having been ruptured.
If you want the results of the scan you can just ask for them. They were your mother’s property and since you inherited all her property, you can now ask for them. Good luck.