Question
Posted by: light | 2004/11/11

cancer depression family genetics???????

my boyfriend has a lot of cancer in his family and depression. now what are the chances that our children could get it.

i just want to tell you as well my grandmother is his grandmother's sister, we never met before , only this year. we are in love, but now we must face reality and realise that there could be sickness carried over to our children and should decide if it is worth going on with the realationship, but i dont want to end it and our children could have been perfect. and now i then lose out on true love.?

please help.

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Light

I suggest that you discuss your problem with a genetic counsellor who can obtain all the necessary information from you to provide you with the answer you require. Please contact Julie Malan at 012 9974908.

Regards, Maritha