Posted by: Niloufar | 2008/10/14


Morning Doc
My mother was diagnosed with cancer about 4 years ago but now on remmission and on series of corrective surgeries, her mother died of cancer before I was born. I know my sister and I are at the high risk of developing cancer and we need information on doctors who can check for early diagnosis, my mother has rectal cancer while my grandma died from malignant lump on her right-handside of her neck, we need to go for full body check and need to know if there' s any doctor who can perform such a comprehensive check up? do we need to go to a GP or physician? any reccomendation on one Doctor around Pretoria?

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Niloufar
Your GP can do the basic tests and refer you for any specific specialist tests if needed. For colon cancer one would do testing for blood in the stool and cancer markers, one can also keep an eye on the ESR test and go for regular breast exams.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Niloufar | 2008/10/14

Sorry Doc, I forgot to include that I am 28 years old have been on a pill for the past 10 years and no kids, will the use of the pill also increase chances of cancer?

Reply to Niloufar

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.