Posted by: Clueless | 2008/10/09

Can' t work out when I' m ovulating

I am 28 and am trying to fall pregnant (only recently) but don' t know when I am ovulating. I went off the pill about 10 months ago and have been keeping track of my periods. What gets me is that I start on the 26th of every month, or so I think, as the first day I' m bleeding as normal, but for 5 days thereafter my period fades away and it seems more like spotting (dark brown) until the 30th when my period kicks in full blast and I then have a normal period for 5 days. So I don' t know what day I can say my period has started as I don' t know if the first few days of light period can be excluded as a period. Please could you help. Thanks.

The best thing in yur situation would be to use an ovulation kit.