Question
Posted by: marie | 2007/06/18

can't wait

does anybody know when a blood test can be taken, some woman cant wait to miss a period for some sign of pregnancy, i know im one of them, i ovulated 11/6 - 15/6, what i can notice now is, my boobs are a bit sore, and also i have a strange feeling on my left side, i might add i only have my left tube due to a etopic pregnancy(they removed my right tube)

thanks and enjoy the day

XXXXXX

Dear Marie

The earliest possible confirmation of a pregnancy is by means of a sensitive blood test called a quantitative beta HCG. This test should become positive approximately 10-12 days after ovulation has occurred i.e. approximately 2 days before the anticipated onset of menstruation. However I may add that the symptoms that you experience are more in keeping with the high progesterone levels than an indication of pregnancy perse.

2
Posted by: marie | 2007/06/18

thanks a mil, will wait a couple of days!

XXXXX

Reply to marie
Posted by: jab | 2007/06/18

Hi blood tests can be done about 10 days after ovulation maybe even a bit later. Implantation takes atleast 7-10 days! Good luck!!!

Reply to jab