Posted by: BI | 2009/06/17

Can' t take it anymore

Hi CS,
How do I go about getting myself committed to a hospital for a week or so. I am so tired and unmotivated. I' m losing it!
I' m bipolar and I need a break.
My job is killing me it' s so boring I feel like having an accident on the way to work sometimes so I can get out of going... this is not healthy and I know it, I just wouldn' t care if I did.
And I got divorced last year after a traumatic suicide attempt and I haven' t had a break since.
I need to recuperate before this gets so bad I do something stupid!
I do have a psychiatrist. Do I ask him to have me committed?
What can I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

You need, anyway, to see a shrink as soon as practical. Preferably whoever has been treating you and your bipolar disorder so far, as they should know you well, or if you have or somereason found their care unacceptable, a new shrink for a second opinion. You sound depressed and potentially suicidal, and this is something any shrink should take seriously. Your psychiarist will surely want to help, and should indeed consider the option of hospital admission for a while --- there is no need or you to be "commiitted" as you want treatment and admission

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.