Question
Posted by: Anonimas | 2007/07/09

Can't take it anymore

I once posted here about my son who is going for an eye operation this coming Friday. I am a single mother and the onlyh one who is there for my son. Last weekend my family decided to do a big party and they expected me to contribute something and I told them that I can't come since we are staying in different provinces. I told them I can not have money to come and do something for them but I gave them money. So since then they are not talking to me and right now I need their support, at least emotional support. I feel like I'm all alone in this world and I can't cope. I went to fetch my son this morning and he told me that they came back with a lot of meat and other things, I was hoping that my parents will send me some meat but they didn't. I will have to pay ELEVEN THOUSAND RANDS (of which Idon't have)for my son's operation but not even a single person at home who is asking me how am I going to pay.

Above all that my boyfriend is not supportive at all. He just add on all my problems. Everytime I'm stressed its like he is celebrating. Last night was the worst night ever, I was waiting for my son at a taxi rank where my brother was supposed to drop him. He didn't until I phoned him around seven and they just said they are at home. I went to my boyfriends place and he told me all the bad things, he was saying I am brainless and it is all my fault. Everything that is happening to me is my fault. Right now I don't know what to do or to say but all I know is that I can't take it anymore .

Today I think I will overdose but I feel that I will be failing my son but at the same time I can't even look him in the eyes because I'm crying all the time.

Do not overdose or harm yourself in any way at all ---, that would be failing yourself, as well as your son, and everyone who cares about you. I am appalled to hear that your family was so inconsiderate and selfish as to expect you to contribute to their trivial party when you were dealing with the worry and expense of your son's operation. Indeed, for them to have held a wasteful party rather than contributing to the costs of your son's operation is dreadfully selfish of them. Simiarly, it is highly unfair for anyone to blame you for what is happening, which is beyond your control. DO call Lifeline for some support and comfort

2
Posted by: Anonimas | 2007/07/09

No my boyfriend is not the father. I tried to save money and spoke to hospital since I knew about this in April. So at least I have four thousand rand and the rest I will pay in installments and finish with my bonus on my birthday. But even though I tried to save that money I need their emotional support.

Reply to Anonimas
Posted by: Maria | 2007/07/09

Anonimas, for your son's sake don't attempt suicide. That will make things so much worse for him. Call the number for Lifeline at the top of this page and speak to someone.

I remember the last post. Have you asked at the hospital if there is somebody who can help and support you? If you belong to a church, have you asked for help there?

Is your bf your son's father? In which case he must contribute to your son's medical needs.

Stop worrying about your family and concentrate on looking after yourself and your boy.

Reply to Maria