Question
Posted by: Piggy | 2003/02/24

Can't stop eating!!!!!!!

I can't stop eating, I am not a sweet tooth, but I will kill for a chocolate. in fact anything will do and I can't control myself. it is like going beserk if I don't get something to eat. I am 6kg overweight and trying to get it off, but after a week's diet, I am eating like a pig again. Please help me!!!!!!

Dear Reader
Are you on a starvation -type diet? If so, then please change over to a balanced, low-fat, high-fibre diet which will supply you with sufficient carbs to prevent these urges which are caused by a drop in a chemical called serotonin in the brain. If you starve yourself or cut out all carbs you can easily develop such cravings which is the way in which your body is trying to tell you that it needs something. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for an example. Also start doing some exercise to increase the levels of endorphins in the brain which can help to counteract this drop in serotonin.
Take care

1
Posted by: Ma'at | 2003/02/24

It's what you're eating (can't call you Piggy for 6kg!) You have to eat to loose weight! I guess you're trying to cut back on the wrong types of food and your insulin levels are going crazy causing the cravings. Solution - drink 2l water per day, eat 6 smallish meals, 60% protein, 20% COMPLEX carbs (mainly), 20 fat (mainly unsaturated, ie not fat that is solid at room temperature like butter). You have to eat small meals frequently to cut out the cravings. Try to cut out all dairy (it's poison but very well marketed!), and wheat. If you can't cut them out, limit these commercial poisons severely. Don't worry there's pleanty of calcium in green vegetables - eat them as close to raw as you can. (Steam them). Red meat is fine, but try to limit fatty cuts. Ostrich is great, turkey too and free range organic chicken (no hormones). Okay this is ideal, but if there's onlyone of these things that you do, make it drinking the water! You'll loose 6 kg in about 12 weeks if y're serious about it, and it will stay off.

Reply to Ma'at