Question
Posted by: Sleepless | 2007/06/21

Can't sleep - heart pounds - why?

Hello,

I recently weaned off cymbalta & have a few stressful things going on right now - who doesn't? And for the life of me, I can't sleep. I get to bed - tense with the knowledge that I have to struggle yet again. My heart also tends to pound & work overtime - like it's digesting or ready to jog.
The only time I sleep is on hectic sleeping tablets - which I obviously don't want to take. I've tried some herbal stuff - but it never really works.
Could it be my diet? Do you have any tips on how I can just fall asleep - then I'll be calmer. Is there anything out there that actually works & is not harmful? I just need to get into a rythm again.

Thank you in advance,
Sleepless

Dear Sleepless
Ask your doctor to prescribe you some Aterax 25 mg at night - not addictive, will calm you and make you sleepy. And you can take it only if needed. See also http://www.4woman.gov/faq/insomnia.htm