Question
Posted by: Bubbles | 2005/01/13

Can't get to sleep at night

I have been having trouble falling alseep at night. Once I am asleep I sleep through the night without waking up. In the morning I have a really hard time getting up, becasueIi feel incredibly tired. Tthis has been going on for a few months now.
I have just recently come back from holiday and found while we were on holiday Ii only had this problem once or twice in three weeks rather than the two to three times a week. It is usaully every third night. Any ideas on how to fall alseep easier?

Bubbles, I wrote something on sleeping problems a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll mail you a copy. Good luck.

4
Posted by: Bubbles | 2005/01/14

Dear Orange,

Thanks so much.

I will let you know how things go.

Reply to Bubbles
Posted by: ORANGE | 2005/01/14

Glad i could help. You won't gain alot of weight by drinking warm milk or even horlics, just excercise alot. you can also drink warm milk one night, rooibos tea the other, milo the other night...... and drink alot of water and eat alot of fruits during the day, thatway you won't gain to much weight.

excercising can also help you to sleep better at night, more blood flow thru your heart and brain. your body gets more oxygen.

let me know when you're sleeping better.

adios

Reply to ORANGE
Posted by: Bubbles | 2005/01/14

Dear Orange,

Thanks so much for your help, i will definately give it a try!

I was having a cup of milo every so often and it seemed to help - someone once said that hot milk will put you to sleep- the only trouble is i am concerned about my weight, so the rooibos is a much better idea.

I normally have a hot bath and never thought that a cool bath would be more beneficial.

Thanks for all the advice

Bubbles

Reply to Bubbles
Posted by: orange | 2005/01/13

hi bubbles

try not to think of anything before going to bed, clear your mind totaly, before your go to bed sit and relax for an hour or walk in the garden. try drinking rooibos tea an hour of two before going to bed. DO NOT dring coffee before going to bed, it will keep you awake.

also try to listen to soft, relaxing, classical music while trying to sleep. put the volume very low.

make sure your mattres is right and that you've got a soft pillow.

when you bath before bedtime, don't bath in a steamy tub. the water must be cool. it will relax your muscles and bath in relaxation bath oils and bubbles.

it worked for me. i'm sleeping like a baby every night.

AND please DON'T use sleeping pills, they are very addictive and you will find it more difficult to sleep once you're off it.

good luck

Reply to orange