Question
Posted by: DM | 2005/05/24

Can't cope anymore- please help

I've been working for this company for more than 6 years and got increase only once (its now 4 years ago).Please don't tell me to look for another job as i've been looking but to no avail.

How do i ask my bosses in a very nice way(in writing) - please help

As help says, identify the reasons for this. Some companies are struggling, and cannot afford raises --- but keep you in a job, rather than get rid of workers so as to give a small raise to the rest. If everyone else has been getting raises except you, talk with your boss about this. Say you have noticed this and it puzzles and worries you --- is there some problem with aspects of your work, which you could improve and become seen as eligible for raises again ?

2
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/05/24

wwwDOTbusinessballsDOTcomSLASHpayriseDOThtm

Reply to Male23
Posted by: help | 2005/05/24

First you have to find out why you have not had a increase for such along time, if the company is doing bad then you must understand there is no money to go around .at my company we have not had a increase for three years due to the business is very slow but when the good times were around we were getting about for to five extra cheques a month. Yes we can force the issue here but then we will have to look at getting rid of some staff

Reply to help