Question
Posted by: worried | 2005/12/13

Can't Breath

About once a week at the most for the past month my chest will all of a sudden become very "tight" and it almost hard to breath and I cough ALOT !!!
It lasts for between 30 minutes and an hour and I'm not sure what the problem could be.
I don't have asthma and I do smoke on occasion (about 2 a day).
Do you know what the problem could be ? I'm not sick and I don't have a cold or anything....do you think I could be developing a kind of asthma ?

Dear worried,
It sure sounds like an asthma attack you're getting. You should get a lungfunction test and x/ray to see whether it is asthma and whether there is a reason for it. You must get treatment as you can actually close up so tight that you can't breath at all. Please go to your dr for referral and treatment?

1
Posted by: worried | 2005/12/14

I'd just like to add to the information I gave yesterday, I am 26, I have high blodd pressure (I take Ziak), I have high Cholesterol (I take Adco-sim...??) and I am over weight.
My parents think that this could be a sign that I could have heart problems or may even have a heart-attack ?

Reply to worried