Question
Posted by: daisy | 2007/06/09

Can't afford NuvaRing: PCOS

I have PCOS, and was diagnosed 2 years ago, after having a period that lasted 6 months straight. The GYN put my on Provera, and I was on that for like a year and a half. In January, I switched GYNs and she put me on the NuvRing to better control my period. She said that it was the safest bc for me, due to having really bad migraines, as well as a long history of stroke and heart problems. Well, I have never skipped a month of having some sort of hormone to control my period, but this month I just cannot afford the birth control, and my doctor here at home doesn't have samples of the NuvaRing. My GYN does, but I go to her while I am school. The Provera would be cheaper, but I am not sure if I can get the GYN to call it in for me. I am just scared that my period won't stop on it's own without taking something. Also, I am afraid that the cramps will get worse, and right now I have kidney stones, so I am totally afraid that the pain is going to get that much worse. I am on morphine right now for the pain with the kidney stones, but I am still getting cramps. I can't afford the Anaprox DS that my GYN prescribed for the cramps either. Don't know what to do! Please give me some advice!!! Thanks!

If you cannot afford the nuvaring then the provera is just as good for now. You need to contact your gyn and ask him/ her to prescribe you an alernative med more affordable for you for your cramps without being charged for a full consultation. Explain your situation to the gyn.