Question
Posted by: unhappy | 2008/07/02

can you help?

how do you knwo if you depressed?
i think i am!

i'm not happy at all, i hate my job, i hate going out, i hate staying at home, dont like tv, i dont even drink any more because i dont know when to stop. i think my GF is cheating on me and im thinking about cheating on her.
i feel like crying all the time.

i dont know whats going on, i have never been like this before.
i was always the one having people over for a bbq or going out for drink. people at work liked me coz i was always joking and always had a smile on my face.

how do i become my old self again?

If you feel depressed, you're depressed. Whether or not you have Depression / Major Depressive Disorder, needs more inquiry and assessment, at least by a GP or preferably a shrink. There are a number of symptoms ( described elsewhere within H24 ) not always obvious ones. You could be sad because you have good reason to suspect your gf i cheating on you ; or you could think she is, because you are sad and depressed.
From what you say, and the extent of consistent change from what you usually are, this does indeed sound like a Depression which deserves proper attention and treatment --- so see a doc / shrink for assessment and to discuss treatment options, which should include CBT counselling and antidepressants. You can surely become your old self again, and before very long

2
Posted by: **** | 2008/07/02

It sounds like you are going through a rough patch, and its very normal. How long have you been feeling like this? I would recommend going to see your GP, he can always prescribe something for a few months, you don't have to take medication forever. And I would also recommend you having a serious chat with your girlfriend!

Reply to ****
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/02

hey darling. maybe you being to hard on yourself. whats worrying you?????????
remember women who cheat dont desrve your love i would never think of cheating on my boyfriend

Reply to anon