Question
Posted by: E | 2004/03/08

Can you guys help me confirm if I'm correct re Ovulation?

I'm ovulating this week....

My last period started on 26 Feb. Between that period and January's period was 30 days.

To fall pregnant, should I have intercouse tonight, Wednesday night and Friday night. Will that do? Or should I have intercouse every night till Friday?

Thanks all.

E

You don't say exactly when you are ovulating. If you have sex two days before, on the day of ovulation and two days after, that should be okay.

2
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/03/09

Hi E
I don't agree with everything Tata is telling you.
Your ovulation happens 14 days before your next period. But since you don't know when your next period will start, you have to try and estimate it by looking at your previous month's cycles - if you say your cycles are between 30 and 28 days, then you should ovulate anytime between 11 and 15 March. (remember you count 14 days backwards from your next estimated period start date)

Also you should not have sex every day, but rather every second day to give your man enough time to build up his sperm quantities.

You should then start having sex from Thursday onwards for every second day.

I hold thumbs - hope this is your lucky month!!

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Tata | 2004/03/08

According to normal situration, you should ovulate on the 14th/15th day of your cycle i.e. about 10March. But please remember that body has a mind of its own, it could be anytime this week. If you feel stressed, your ovulation can be delayed. So if you and your partner wouldn't get too tired, maybe try have sex all the time this week.

By the way, after you conceived, there are still alot of factors that controls whether the embryo can survive the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is not so easy to have a baby. Having a baby must be a miracle (only about 1 in 4 will pass the test).

Good Luck!!

Reply to Tata