Question
Posted by: | 2018/05/21

can we mix Dettol with salt water and apply to skin for allergies. one of my colleague suggested .is it ok to do ?

can we mix Dettol with salt water and apply to skin for allergies like itching skin. one of my colleague suggested .is it ok to do ?

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2018/05/22

Dettol and salt water will help with a skin infection and also sterilise the skin. This combination will have no beneficial impact on allergies.  Antihistamine tablets help with skin allergies and occasionally a low dose steroid cream (1% Hydrocortisone) may be beneficial. All available over the counter.