Posted by: Furious | 2009/02/14

Can they do this

I worked for a firm where people were often made to pay for mistakes. The amount was just debited to their staff account + they were expected to pay it. I went on pension at the end of last year + end Jan.2009 received an account for R51.for a mistake I was supposed to have made in Sept. 2008. I apparantly charged the wrong goods out to a customer + the work only picked this up in Jan.09. The correction was made + this is the difference between the correct + incorrect goods. I' ve no intention of paying this but would like to know what the law says about such matters before I confront them.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


You cannot deduct any wages from anyone unless they have written that this can be done.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.