Question
Posted by: Nervous | 2007/04/12

Can the use of Ecstacy cause infertility

I am missing my period quite often, my period is extremely irregular, and when i do have my period its only for about 2 days...could the use of ecstacy be linked to this at all? I am only 20 years old, and this does not seem normal to me. I dont use it often, but i think when i do use it it does influence my period, but i am not sure whether i am imagining it.

Dear Nervous

There is significant evidence to suggest that the use of drugs such as ecstasy can induce chemical imbalance in the brain, which intern can alter ovulatory patterns. There is a tendency for increasing prolactin levels and this may be responsible for the decreased blood flow as well as the delayed onset of bleeding.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/04/13

You could also have PCOS of which symptoms are delayed, irregular periods.

Reply to Dee