Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2003/12/21

can the pill make u infertile?

Can the usage of the pill cause painfull periods and result in infertilety?

The Pill helps painful periods and it will not cause infertility. Fertlity returns to normal within 3 months of stopping the Pill.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2003/12/22

Definitely cannot make you infertile - or no one would risk taking it! Also, it usually reduces heavy piainful periods, so bleeding is usually lighter with less cramping. Cramps are usually caused by ovulation (releasing an egg) and the pill stops ovulation.

Speak to your doc for more advice or do a search on aardvark.co.za or ananzi.co.za for contraceptive pill. The pharmaceutical companies have some great sites with lots of info.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: ABC | 2003/12/22

Sarah,
From my personal expierience, I would say no. I have been on the pill for almost 12 years and fell pregnant the second month after I stopped taking it.

I would suggest you wait and hear what the doc has to say as I am no expert.

Reply to ABC