Posted by: Blue | 2003/03/12


Hi, I had 'the loop' implanted 3 years ago. I am experiencing very severe PS symptoms, and read that taking the pill would reduce it. I used to experience mood swings and anxiety attacks while on the pill years ago, and now do not know whether I should go on the pill as well and if so, which pill. My moods take a huge toll on my children, and it seems like I am loosing it. Please give me names of medication that I could use. I do not have a medical aid and cannot afford expensive medication or go see a specialist.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If you had mood swings on the Pill before then it may not help the PMS in your case, but you could try it again and see what happens. If you do so, you should use a monophasic pill such as Femodene. If you become depressed premenstrually, you could take Prozac for 10 days to two weeks of each cycle.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.