Question
Posted by: ? | 2006/11/08

Can the pill affect your Libido?

I am on mirelle (for about 1½ years) I have been married now for 8 months and I tell my Libido is a BIG FAT 0! Is is possible that the pill could affect it? As I still love my husband as much as I did before, nothing has changed in our relationship otherwise, but the fire is gone (from my side that is)... I really need advice... I miss the passion that we once shared.

The Pill can affect libido. You could try a different Pill.

2
Posted by: Married | 2006/11/10

Eventually I stopped taking the pill altogether because of this problem. We now use the barrier method which does not give me the peace of mind as the pill did, but when I was on the pill, there was no way I was going to fall pregnant anyway. I stopped it to save my relationship!

Reply to Married
Posted by: Lou | 2006/11/08

It can - very much so, and it differs from women to women so you will hear different things from different people, but the pill can definately contribute to a low sex drive. Consider changing to a different pill or take a supplement - check with your pharmacy as to which will help.

Reply to Lou