Question
Posted by: sabo | 2006/10/30

Can the Pil cause stretchmarks?

I've have never had a weigth problem and I have never been pregnant, but I keep on getting stretchmarks on the side of my legs and new ones keep forming. I've tried eveything, but nothing helps. I've read somewhere that hormonal medication could be the cause, is it true? Could it be the Pil causing the stretchmarks? How can I reverse it?

Expert ImageArchive

I checked my sources and striae are not a listed side effect of the oral contraceptive pill. Striae may develop with weight gain, but also with rapid weight loss. Striae cannot be cured. They improve with time. You can try Dermastine cream. Laser is beneficial in some cases and microdermabrasion in others.