Question
Posted by: Curious | 2003/02/28

Can steroids change levels of hormones?

Hi Doc.

Can the use of steroids alter the levels, or production of hormones in one's system?

I was very foolish about 13 years ago, made use of decadurabolin (sp) and anapolin (sp) consecutively, not for very long, 2 injections of the decadurabolin and 1 course of 30 pills of the anapolin.

Over and above the hairloss that I have experienced (it also runs in the family) I have found myself to be very tired and rundown for the last couple of years. What I'd like to know, is if it is possible for a course of steroids as shown above to influence the production or levels of hormones in your system, and if so, what the possible side effects would be? Is it possible to reverse this by stabilizing the levels/production of hormones? If the latter is possible, how/with what?

I realise it is difficult to give an accurate diagnosis without a proper consultation, but an indication would be a great help.

C

Curious, I think I can safely say that it’s not due to the anabolic steroids (even without being able to examine you). The best would be to have your doctor do a good physical examination and do some blood tests and see if he can’t find something. Good luck.