Question
Posted by: babe bear | 2006/03/23

can soil affect fertility?

i am a 21 yers old woman and have been consuming soil for + / - three years now. people have always warned not take it coz it can impair my fertility. my boyfriend and i have been trying to have a baby for the past six months an dnothing we try never works . iam afraid it might be the effect of the soils i've been eating

Dear Babe Bear

Soil craving is a condition which we term medically as geophagia or pica. It is often accompanied by a deficiency in certain elements, in particular an iron deficiency, but may also be associated with other trace elements as well. These trace elements may have an adverse effect on fertility. Eating soil is also hazardous in that it can predispose you to worm infections, which can contribute or aggravate the iron deficiency and cause anaemia. I would advise you to visit your family doctor and have the necessary blood tests to determine whether you suffer from anaemia and iron deficiency. In addition I would recommend an iron and mineral supplement be taken to alleviate the craving and to assist in restoring your fertility.

14
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/13

Hey! What are the effects done by eating soil? Please help me. How can I stop?

Posted by: nokuthula m. | 2016/07/21

am 25 years old & i've been eating soil ever since i was 8.at the age of 22 i met someone & we tried to conceive for about 6 months but nothing happened.i would like to know if the cause is the result of eating soil.i need help because in future i want kids

Reply to nokuthula m.
Posted by: Nicole Smith | 2016/06/07

hi I'm Nicole I'm 19 this year I have been eating soil for the past 3 years now it was suppose to be four years...but due to having anemia I stopped for a year took my medication...then it happened that dis year early I craved for soil then that's how I started eating it again...I'm experiencing terrible pains when I'm on ma periods...and I'm afraid that I will not be able to concieve babies...I'm really fighting my craving I can stay a day or two without eating it...but i want to stop permanently sometimes I eat chocolate to prevent me from craving soil but it really doesn't help.

Reply to Nicole Smith
Posted by: Aphelele | 2016/05/15

I've been eating soil since I was 8 years,I've never stopped since then. I'm now 19 years and its getting worse day by day. I crave for soil so much now to an extent that I eat about a kilo per day. Saliva just fill my mouth when I'm craving, I can't go a day without eating it. I just can't stop the craving.

Reply to Aphelele
Posted by: Mosa | 2016/05/12

I have been a soil eater since 2010 and now I wanna stop but I can't and I wanna know if are there any pills which I can consume in order to heal or stop craving soil I'm afraid for my productivity health would I be able to conceive

Reply to Mosa
Posted by: babyface | 2016/05/08

Eish guys dnt knw where to start i ve been eating soil for 8years now en im 26 now ts hard to stop now The cravings are worse especiall wen am stressed i just buy it at de streets Ive been told u cant have a baby wen eatng dirt My problem now is that my womb is so painful to a point where i cant walk im afraid ts killing me slowly please help what can i do to stop these craving?

Reply to babyface
Posted by: cate letsoalo | 2016/05/04

Hey guys, I've been eating soil when I was 15 years till now,now I have 20 years.I've tried 2 leave that but its not easy and I have pains in my appendix. Please help me,what can I do 2 abstain it

Reply to cate letsoalo
Posted by: Petronella | 2016/03/25

I have 17 years old.Since i have 9 years I've eat soil,even if my parents tell me that eating soil it's not healthy I never listen.But nw I am growing up I want leave to eat soil it very defficult to me.SO KNW I NEED HELP TO LET TO EAT SOIL AGAIN.I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME PLEASE....!!!

Reply to Petronella
Posted by: Zinhle M | 2016/02/25

I have been eating soil since i was 7 years old and now my stomach is growing my only concern is will i be able tu have a baby am only 22 years and its hard for me to stop eating soil what must i do to srop eating soil??

Reply to Zinhle M
Posted by: Heart Broken | 2016/02/15

Hi guys I have been eating soil for 6 years and I lost lost my baby in 2015 because of soil.So I have been triying to stop but its hard.These days I usually have pains in my stomach and Im afraid that i might die 2o like my baby.Please help I cant die I have a 4 year old daughter to live for and a loving partner plz help.

Reply to Heart Broken
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/05

Im a 31 and i have been eating toilet paper frm high school, im scared coz me nd my husband have bin tryng to conceive from last year september

Posted by: jay | 2015/07/02

i have been eating soil and soft rocks from my lower grades till now .but right now my left side of stomach is hurting.iam afraid that the soil and rocks have been affected me..i dnt know what to do please help me am only 18 yrs old.

Reply to jay
Posted by: makho | 2014/12/07

I am eating soil for 5 years I will be able to produce baby

Reply to makho
Posted by: rebecca | 2014/04/19

am scared coz i eat soil evry day nd too much so am evn scared to consult a doctor coz i may be infertile

Reply to rebecca