Question
Posted by: Cherie | 2005/06/30

Can pregnancy occur by mistake after sterilisation?

I have bee sterilised for about 6 years, since 1999, and have been normally sexually active since I already have 2 children. Is it possible to fall pregnany whilst being sterilised for so long?

It is possible. There is a small failure rate with sterilisation, about 3/1000.

2
Posted by: sam | 2005/06/30

yes. I knwo two women who were sterilised by the same female gynae at Olivedale who fell pregnant after being sterilised.

Reply to sam
Posted by: Kym | 2005/06/30

It is possible but unlikely.

My aunt had been sterlisited for about 5 years before she feel pregnant with her son. Her tubes had been cut and tidied back at the sterilisation when they did her C section they had a look her tubes ahd actually grown together he took photo and you can still see the tubes that had been tidied back. The Dr said he had never seen anything like this before or since.

Reply to Kym