Question
Posted by: Kiera | 2008/07/01

Can our Pension fund just be cancelled?

Please could you help with the following:

My company provided myself with a pension fund one year after working for the company. The documentation received clearly stated that it was pension fund, and there were no restrictions ste in place, at least none on the one page document I was given to sign and nothing was said. I was told that I did not need to make monthly contributions.

Now, 3 years later my colleague and myself have been informed that we no longer qualify as we earn in excess of the ceiling amount set out by the company. This is strange, my colleague earned in excess of this amount last year and they still continued making contributions. I have asked verbally and have written requests to the manager and bookkeeper for the documentation stating this ceiling. This was 2 months ago. I still ahve received no documentation and all requests are being ignored.

What can I do as they have stopped contributing , and what are my rights ?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

it is suggested that you contact an independant pension fund advisor whou can read the rules and give you in depth instructions