Question
Posted by: Karla | 2005/11/18

Can oral sex cause infection?

For the past year sex has been painful. I have been to the doctor 4 times and have had 2 pap smeers. The first result showed that i had a bacterial infection and i received treatment. The simptoms (pain during sex and a white discharge) didn't really go away. The second pap smeer showed that everything was fine.
My partner and i have stopped having sex because its to painful for me. Could it be possible that the infection is caused by oral sex (partner going down on me) and that i'm being re-infected every time after i have been treated? I've heard that the mouth contains a lot of harmful bacteria. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know.

Oral sex should not give you vaginal infections. There may be other reasons for the painful sex, not infections.

1
Posted by: andy | 2005/11/18

Karla I'm not trying to be funny but there is an aricle in Beeld today. It was a study done in Sweden; according to that study oral sex can cause mouth cancer. The article says that one can get the "menslike papilloma-virus" during oral sex and this virus can cause cancer.
But I don't think that oral sex can give you a vaginal infection.

Reply to andy