Posted by: Sarah | 2008/06/23

can one start over after losing it all

I'm 34, a mom of 3 kids, divorced 7 years ago and I messed up my life. It's been difficult getting on my feet after the divorce... but I was doing it one step at a time. Then 4 years ago, what seemed to be my knight in shining armour came along and I was swept away. Slowly I started realising he was just using me but I was so desperate not to be alone that I accepted any treatment. he has drained me emotionally and financially, I've basically lost everything. This weekend I was so depressed, cause I've just lost my home and need to start over. I've gotten enough courage to break off the realationship and he has moved out.... but do you have any advice as to how to start over. I was such a fool, but for my kids sake I can't give up on life. Has anyone else been used in this way and is it possible to rebuild after loosing so much?

It can be tough to adjust to being alone, especially if you are used to company. And some predators truly sense desperation and the opportunity yo xploit someone. Well done to have broken off this relationship. Maybe see a counsellor to plan a more fruitful way forward ?

Posted by: arts | 2008/09/18

yes u can start over. this is not the end. u r a nice person don let this put u down have hope and move on. time is the best heeler

Reply to arts
Posted by: Susie. | 2008/06/24

Yes you can start over again. You just need to believe in yourself and do it all one step at a time. I hope you have a family and friends who can support you emotionally and perhaps financially to start off with.

I was in a similar boat as you 10 years ago. I was so desparate after losing everything, I even asked my ex husband to lend me some money. (I paid it all back to him eventually). It is not easy but it can be done in time. Good luck.

Reply to Susie.
Posted by: Meisie | 2008/06/23

Shame Sarah, hope you find a way of starting all over. are u having a job? how old are you LO'S?

Well you are still young.pick up the pieces and move on.

Reply to Meisie