Question
Posted by: Jes | 2007/11/28

Can one eat too much apples?

Dear Diet doc...

I m currently following a low fat, with fibre and protein diet...

Can eating too much apples be bad for a person, or make me gain weight? I eat about 1- 2 apples during the day, and after dinner (a bit later) another 1 or 2 apples? Which apples are best to eat?

Dear Jes
Theoretically any food when eaten in excess can have a negative effect on weight gain, but if you are only eating about 4 apples a day this should not be a problem. I have written an article on the use of apples to promote slimming. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search for "THE 3-APPLE-A-DAY DIET - DOES IT WORK?" to read more about this dieting method. You can eat any type of apple you like.