Question
Posted by: jowie | 2004/11/06

can not commicate well with people

im 19 years old, i can seem to comunicate well with people,at times i withdraw from friends and family without any particular reason,it been like this for the past 7 years and dont't how to stop this.I would really love to get along with people but i don't know how.most of the time i feel it would be better if i were dead,cos i feel my life is non-existence.,please help,before i do something i will regret.

Sounds like maybe you're shy, maybe with some anxiety in social situations, and maybe also lacking in some social skills. Don't do anything you or I would regret, as the situation is far from callling for such drastic responses. But DO see a psychologist for an assessment and advice on counselling, maybe adding some medication you could get from your GP, but counselling focussing on social skills, improving self-esteem, and reducing that anxiety in social settings. One of the books I still plan to review onsite before long, is also a self-help guide to working on such problems yourself, in addition to working with a shrink. There is no need at all for you to remain feeling uncommunicative and lonely.