Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2002/12/02

can moles be removed without surgery?

I have a lot of moles on my body which are slightly raised, dark in colour and have a sandpaper feel to them. I can scratch the surface off and the mole is then pink underneath but soon goes dark and sandpapery again. The are not sore, itchy or seeping but look unsightly. I heard that putting raw potato directly on the mole will remove it. Can this be done or must each one be removed surgically? Help I am hiding my body!!!

Tracy, it sounds more like solar keratosis than a mole from this side of the screen. You can have them frozen off by your GP without any serious discomfort. Good luck.
PS I suppose you can try the potato thing, but I have no idea whether it will work or not. Good luck.

1
Posted by: gina | 2002/12/03

I had a mole removed by my Doctor. He burnt it off the same way that you burn warts.

Reply to gina