Question
Posted by: QT | 2005/07/28

Can medisine make you sterile

My brother was on female hormones when he was about 14/15 years old, as a treetment for acne. The doctor then told my mom that it would make him sterile. He is now 28 and he had a relationship for about 8 years and nothing happend they broke up and he is presintly dating another girl. He wanted to end the relationship but she turned around and told him she is pregnant. My question is if he was sterile can it reverse by it self, in other words is it then posible for him to have kids of his own. What options does he have to find out if it is his baby, before the child is born. Where can he go to have his sperm tested and does he need to go via a doctor. He lives in Springs, is there a good doctor there that can help him with this, he doesn't trust the doctors at the medi-clinic.

QT, there is something weird going on here. Taking female hormone isn’t a treatment for acne and it will definitely not make him permanently sterile.
He can have his sperm tested at any laboratory in the area (the same place where he has his blood taken for blood tests). Good luck.