Question

Can Marijuana exacerbate violence?

Hi All

My husband occasionally indulges in Marijuana. I have noticed that when he uses it he has a tendency to become violent, especially towards me.
He is, otherwise, very passive and could not hurt a fly.
I am concerned because due to media hype, marijuana is supposed to create a "chilled out" effect, with him it is the exact opposite.
Is it possible with long-term use that he will become a violent person?

marijuana, like a number of other drugs, can be disinhibiting, and in that way might lower one's threshold towards acting violently. It's not likely that it will make him an all-out and thoroughly violent person, but he needs, while not under the influence of it, to look seriously at how it affects him, as viewed by observers like yourself qwho may not be under the influence themselves at the time. He should re-evaluate whether his enjoyment of it is worth this side-effect ( all drugs have side-effects, whether pills or leaves, swallowed or inhaled ).

4
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/16

Used to smoke the green about 3 times a week too (dont any more though) but never heard of any one getting violent.
Think smoker had a good point, that maybe its being mixed with some thing else. Perhaps even alcohol too.

but then again, im sure different drugs affect different people differently.

He shouldn't be smoking if it makes him violent.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: SMOKER | 2004/11/16

This is the first i have heard of someone getting violant on
spliff , and yes i speak from personal experiance i smoke
atleast 3 times a week have a grate relax and chill.

Are you sure he is not mixing it with something els?

He should become paronoid not agro on M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to SMOKER
Posted by: G | 2004/11/16

do a search on aardvark or google on the subject you will find your info

Reply to G
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/16

Not to my knowledge no.

Reply to Paul