Question
Posted by: ouch | 2004/10/20

Can malaria induce post muscular injuries?

I've had malaria (Falciparum) a few weeks ago (from up in africa) and was treated in SA - It only started when i got back. During a week of pain and agony I have had a permanent headace, sleepness nights, muscle and abdominal pains, and dizzyness 24/7. After diagnosis (not even in hospital) the malaria was tested negative, but a certain pain which i had during this week did not go away. Its in my left shoulder blade inside. Its been coming and going for about two weeks now and I'm a bit concerned. If it was a muscular pain it would have been gone by now. It gets worse when i bend over on a chair or pick something up, which makes me keep thinking it muscular. I could not have injured myself during that week due to being in bed the whole time. And its not my left lung - i can feel it. I just dont think a normal doctor will be able to help me cause they just think I should go to a physio (which already happened). Maybe its a nerve that just got stuck between my shouler blade and it needs a good thumping to get out? I dont know.. which leaves me with my question.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Ouch

We answered this directly - need to see dr as one of the side effects

Douglas