Question
Posted by: biza | 2006/07/14

can it work for me

guys i am 5.9 higth. 12 stones.
what can i do reduce my belly besides sit ups coz they kill me. i have just started working out please tell abou the diet.
bare in my mind hve no idea where to start .please dont lough at me . how long will it take to get six pack . pleae help me with step by step

Hi Biza

Its no problem and you are not alone in this situation, and if you read the questions on the forum you will see that many people have the same problem. This also means it is a difficult one to sort out, particularly when you are not overweight to begin with. But the key, rather than being situps till you are red in the face and hurting in the stomach, is a balance between cardio training and the situps. So its really important that you don't neglect your cardio - things like running,cycling, swimming etc. My advice is to weight your programme at least 60% in favour of these types of activities, because they certainly help the most with fat burning and weight lost. i suggest you check out the fitness page of this site and then click on Programmes and then choose one of the Shape up for Summer programmes for examples of programmes. You can either take your guide from them or follow it to the letter if you wish.

Now the second major issue is diet, which you mentioned. Unfortunately, diet is not so simple as to say you should eat A, B or C and avoid X and Y. For that reason, I suggest you see a dietician and make sure that your OVERALL diet is helping your fitness and weight loss goals. It may seem an unnecessary expense and hassle but it will definitely help you in the long run.