Question
Posted by: Khanyoza | 2005/11/30

Can it be Explained !??

I have heard that some people when inffected with HIV once they have a cut or a wound, those usually take some time to heal. How truthfull is this...??

Secondly in my case I have an ongoing bodilly tempetature which is always High. This only occurs when I'm sleeping. I don't sweat a lot though...... This has resulted to be feeling like my body is trapped at night with pains. This have been going for quite a while. I have notice strange thing yesterday night coz the weather Temp was almost cold and I had a good sleeping and my body was calm and cool. What could be this ....!!???

HIV inffection could it be one of its tricks. I have not decided to go for a test coz i'm just scared for now!!!??

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Khanyoza!

1. Your symptoms really need not necessarily be HIV, but the fact that you're woried about it may indicate some risk of exposure in your life. Do consider getting tested for your own peace of mind. Is there anytning else causing you stress (which could lead to these symptoms?)

2. Because your immune system is low when you have HIV at a certain stage of development, wounds do take longer to heal. Wounds could however take longer to heal for other reasons too.

Stay well!
Laurent