Question
Posted by: Suffering | 2006/10/25

Can it be cholera?

Hi Doc. Sunday I wasn't feeling too well. Did not have much food at lunch. Had some ice-cream for dinner (so did the whole family). Got up Monday and felt awkward, nausea, pain on tummy and not in the mood for food and did not ate all day. All of a sudden diaree, and my kidneys were killing me. At around 8 the evening, I thought I was dying. Had a very high fever, cold/hot, very watery diaree that looked and smelled (sorry) funny. Then during the same time I started vomiting. This (sorry again) smelled like someone died in me. I had severe stomach cramps, cramps in my legs, and kidneys so bad that I had to get up at 4 to lie in lounge. Ongoing pain, diaree, fever. Hardly urinated. Just had banana yesterdag. Today still cramps and I took in a lot of fluids as it was 35 degrees outside as well. Well urinated x2 today. First urine nearly black and looked like some blood in it. Second only a few drops (also smells funny). My whole body smells kind of fishy (I am sooo embarassed). Day 3 and I still am feverish and can hardly stomach food, although I had some today. Tummy cramping, and had 2x diaree today. Can this be cholera or just some tummy bug? Stil feel as if I don;t have energy to get off my bed!

Dear Suffering
Definitely some kind of Gastro infection - you need a drip and quickly - please ask a friend or family member to take you to hospital!!

3
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/26

Anxious is right, it is obviously not food poisoning as the symptoms are too severe - if your urine is black then it would seem to have a lot of blood in it - you should have gone to the doctor long ago.

Reply to Lou
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/26

You have had these serious symptoms for 3 days and not been to doctor? I would think you need to go to one ASAP. Clearly you have something seriously wrong with you that needs urgent treatment.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Doc, me again | 2006/10/25

I forgot to mention, my kidneys constantly pain and I can feel that I must wee, but nothing when I go to the loo.

Reply to Doc, me again